Tuesday, January 06, 2004

I'm glad everyone had fun smiling and singing along to the Flaming Lips and the White Stripes. I think it's safe to say the Flaming Lips are the official House Band for New Year's Eve. Hire them at your next party! But please, they had one fiberoptic Jesus melee; they don't need another one.

So, on a completely unrelated note, Ron and I have been talking about how America has really embraced the notion of 'nostalgia' as marketing. Everything old is new again and people are buying it. So, being the bandwagon jumper that I am, here are my favorite albums that remind me of high school:

1. Elastica (self-titled)
2. Breeders "Last Splash"
3. They Might Be Giants "Flood"
4. Green Day "Dookie"
5. Weezer "The Blue Album"
6. Sloan "Twice Removed"
7. Pearl Jam "Ten"
8. MTV Party to Go, Vol. 2
9. MTV Party to Go, Vol. 4
10. Romeo and Juliet Soundtrack

I hope you've enjoyed this trip down memory lane. Later, freaks!

Liz

counter easy hit