Monday, June 12, 2006

Race for the Cure - Success!!!

It was an exhausting, action-paced weekend, but we ran and survived! Had an aweseome time with the birthday hotties and watched my cousin graduate from high school (Female Athlete of the Year- WHAT!). Oh yeah, and we ran through downtown Detroit on a beautiful Saturday morning. An inspirational morning! Here is what we saw:

Pink Tiger!!! Ron and I before the Race


Runners were able to sign this huge board, thanking the volunteers


Ford had its own Pink Warrior car (and I now have a scarf to match!)


Make way for the drum circle!


Flammingo crossing - these guys were everywhere!


Lila Lazerus - Opening Ceremonies MC


Home sweet Home - my final time - 27:28; Ron's final time - :24:42


Sweaty and victorious!!!


We couldn't have asked for a better day. I improved my time by four minutes, and Ron's time improved by three minutes. In two weeks, we conquer Northville!

EDIT: After a very athletic conversation on Saturday, I thought it might be a nice idea in the near future to get some good people together and play some VOLLEYBALL. We're talking beach volleyball - more playing time and endless excuses to dive in the sand. It's summer and most of us have taken to being more active, be it with tennis, running, walking, etc. Just something to keep in the mental file. Some people follow football, some follow MLB. This is my game.

counter easy hit