Thursday, July 27, 2006

Are you ready to get wet and Warped?

The Maplehurst is officially ready for my 16-year old cousin to call his home for the weekend. Clean bathroom, clean car, clean kitchen...it's almost like we're respectable! We have all the things a 16 year old boy could want - Coke-a-cola, Bagel Bites and Guitar Hero. These will only be mere distractions because Ron and Daniel and I will be at the Warped Tour all day on Saturday. Personally, I'm looking forward to NOFX, Motion City Soundtrack, The Sounds, Less than Jake, Joan Jett (yep, that's right), and above all, Thursday. I'm so glad Thursday is on this leg of the tour. I will NOT feel old. I refuse.

Random spotting of the day: I was at a stoplight this morning and I saw a Windstar next to my car. With spinning rims. And a soccer mom behind the wheel. Bueller?

West Bloomfield cops know how catch them some speeders. Shoot. They have the police vehicles now that look like 'regular cars,' like '95 Cameros and Ford Tauruses with rusty tailpipes. No dead give-aways with the huge siren lights and the 8,000 side and rearview mirrors. I am strictly a 45 MPH gal on Orchard Lake now. Sneaky...

Russ-o-matic is new and improved! Well, he's been on hiatus, but not anymore. Jeezy creezy, how I missed the sarcasm. He's back with a vengence. No one is safe!

Links Links Links. Some cool things I've stumbled upon over the last few weeks. They're pretty girly, so all you Retrosexuals, maybe you should go eat a hamburger and yell at something small:

Anne Taintor is a woman whose part-time collage art turned into a full time job. I like to think of her as Niagra Light. She takes traditional posters of women in the 50's and 60's and fuses them with her own modern narratives. Everything from framed prints to bags to ID cases and lots more. Check it out...

Blue Q
- I found a lot of these products at a store in Traverse City called Venus. Fun, kitchy gifts by way of bath products, breath sprays, clothing etc. One for every personality! It's good for a laugh (Mullet air fresheners? God Bless America.) Unfortunately, Venus' website is under construction. I'd really try and check back with them. Their cosmetics and beauty cremes (or as Peanut would say 'kkkkreeeeeeeemes') are on the pricey side, but they have a line of all-natural, all-in-one moisturizers that are made out of white sugar and combined with lavender or coffee beans or almond oil. Delicious AND good for your skin!

Okay, time for a cup of tea and some Chuck Klosterman. G'night!

counter easy hit