Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Great Debate

Which is cuter - a kitten or a baby penguin, because I gotta tell ya, BABY PENGUINS MAKE ME WANT TO GO OUT AND DROWN KITTENS. If you think about how cute both of them are at the same time, your head will explode. That's how cute baby penguins are. I saw March of the Penguins last night and it was one of the best documentaries I've ever seen. I can hear the nay-sayers already. "Penguins? They're stupid. How can they be interesting?" Let's just say that when one compares humans to penguins, humans are absolutely the weaker species. Humans are SO weak compared to your Emporer penguin. The penguin father is truly a model figure. It's a wonderful story about love and family and survival. And yes, there were tears. Come on, people, they're baby penguins. All fat and sweaky and wobbly and helpless. You'd be a puddle, too. Anyway, I highly recommend it, even if your not a huge fan of the penguin.

This past weekend went like this - Boogie Fever, sneeze my brains out, driving in too much heat, blowing my nose, wedding on Saturday (so much fun...saw Ron's high school buddies and their girlfriends. Everyone got along splendidly, despite the heat. It was an outdoor wedding over looking a lake...gorgeous and WARM AS HADES), more nose blowing, laying out with Ron's sister and parents by the pool ALL day Sunday. It really felt like a vacation...only with lots of Kleenex.

So, Tastefest. FRIDAY NIGHT IS GOING TO ROCK MY WORLD SO HARD. I may pull a muscle during Electric Six. Everyone enjoy Brazilian Girls on Saturday!

Is anyone going to NIN/QOTSA? I haven't bought tickets, though, I am going to They Might Be Giants, and you bet that I'm excited! I love geeky boys!

counter easy hit