Wednesday, October 12, 2005

&%**^dkfkfoihgkajdng'aovnlf@##!!!!!

That's how my brain felt this morning. I am offiicially sick and tired of the recording industry worrying about the 'evils' of technology. You know those discs that you can't rip onto iTunes (Idlewild, BRMC, Foo Fighters), yeah, that's being done on purpose. I know, not a huge shock, but the industry is huffy and puffy at Mr. Jobs and company for, I don't know, making a consumer friendly product that people love to use? Apple refuses to sign the FairPlay contract so the industry decided to 'punish' them? Thanks but Ron and I already bought the new BRMC and Idlewild on iTunes...and it was cheaper. Eat it!!! Oh, and the industry wants Apple to raise the price per song from 99 cents to $1.49 for newer tracks. Jobs calls them 'greedy!' FUCK YEAH THEY ARE! And the response from Warner Music Group: "our artists are being short-changed." Why, because they only receive at most 15 cents from every one dollar of actual record sales? That's not they make their money, but most people don't know that.

Shitty, shitty, shitty. Fearing technology won't make it go away - you'll only allienate music fans and they'll latch onto technology even stronger. Shit, man. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

counter easy hit