Thursday, April 01, 2004

Long time, no blog

Hi, folks! With all the rock and work and grocery shopping taking up most of my time not spent sleeping, I've been away. So, let's recap, shall we? When I heard about the 89X Birthday Bash, I almost spit out my Nantucket Nectar. Really? When did they become a FRIGGIN' EMO STATION? Dashboard, Taking Back Sunday, The Get Up Kids, Blink 182? Silly new rock alternative, you're not fooling anybody. There will be so many 15 year old boys with tiny pins on their jackets and tears in there eyes. While I do like these bands, I'm not going to spend the money to see Chris Carrabba look like a Abercombie and Fitch ad and The Get Up Kids not play anything from "Four Minute Mile."

Is there a new trend happening with two-day festivals? The afore mentioned Birthday Bash, now Lollapalooza. Can people who listen to Sonic Youth and Morrissey afford to get ass raped my ticketmaster for two straight day? These questions need answering, people!!! Sorry folks, I'm not paying for two days worth of music unless it's in the desert and called Coachella. At least in Indio we're getting two FULL days worth of music with about 50 bands, if not more.

Muse made it onto the 89X HitList last week. A beacon in the land of Limp...

On the DCFC/Ben Kweller show: so good. Everyone was in agreement that the Royal Oak Music Theater needs to have more shows there. Good size, good sound, wall benches that make for optimal viewing. Death Cab was great; they could be your neighbors. They closed with the "Transatlanticism." Dare I say even better live than on the album. There, I said it. Ben Kweller did indeed melt all the girls' hearts into butter. Tight jeans, leather jacket, perfect pop melodies, and my first ever live guitar playing somersault. I mean, I've seen them on TV, but never at a real show. The new album comes out April 6th. Scoop it up!

Is it just me...or DOES EVERYONE HAVE A PERSONALIZED LICENSE PLATE??? Now, I'm not opposed to them (you're the acception, Coell *wink*) but I've seen them every day this week. No, "MOOVIT" is not clever, and neither is "SCOOTER." Please stop, because it makes me angry when I drive and then I hurt someone. No one wins.

Finally, things I really like right now: The new Von Bondies album, "Suzanne" off of the deluxe Weezer 'blue album', vegetarian chilli, clean clothes...I'm a simple woman. What can I say?

counter easy hit