Sunday, May 23, 2004

Lobster Dayz

Important summer fun tip: if there is low cloud cover and high temperature, this does not mean it's okay to not wear sunscreen. I decided to be a lobster for Halloween five months ahead of schedule. Call me a trendsetter, call me an asshole, either way I'm burned to a crisp. The PGA shoot yesterday was a success, but I paid a price. Ouch.

Good news: I finally found a dress for the Emmys! It's tea length, strappless and I look like I walked out of a 1950s prom. Two days of tireless mall crawling and now, mission accomplished! And I only got it for 65 bucks...score! Anywho, tonight is the night. The night that I get to see my babies out on stage - rock kicks and shaggy hair, Chris Murphy twirling his drumsticks, the siren intro from "Motor City Maniacs" ....AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! Say it with me now: Sloooooaaaan! Slooooaaan! Their latest album, "Action Pact" was made for live performance - lots of poppy guitar solos and clap-alongs. It's going to be great. The Kicks open - they're Sloan, Jr. Just take a look! And there is a song off their new album that either myself or Amber added during our time at 91.5 ("Cosmanaut, Cosmanaut / I wanna be an astronaut, oh oh!"). So catchy!

I working on my ultimate band. If you haven't played this game, read about it right now! Guaranteed to entertain!

counter easy hit