Friday, May 07, 2004

No...no recap yet...

Listen, it's not like I can come back from vacation and spend all my time basking in the soothing memories which make up the Coachella Experience. I still have to work, and plan a bachalorette party, and go clubbing at Forest Post and play softball...AND CHUCK WOOLERY (more on that in a moment). I assure you, Saturday will be the official recap...promise.

So, last night was a hip hoppin' good time at Forest Post Productions, thanks to Club Forest's 20th birthday. Happy effin' birthday, FPP. The staff, once a year, revamps their entire facilities and it's one big bash. Free drinks, martini bar, oxygen bar (huh?), kareoke, live jam sessions and free USP ports. Score! Well, the highlights of the night include seeing Jackie drunk(?) and the realization that Cosmos really are tasty. Dangerously tasty. Like, so tasty you shouldn't drive home. Anyhow, it was holy double-take time when Ron and I stepped out onto the patio. Who was that perfectly chishled, Miami Vice blazer-wearing, errily tan gentleman hanging out with us wacky broadcasters? Yep, it was Chuck Woolery, but that's not the kicker. Every single person I talked to had no idea why he was there. Oh, he partook in the oxygen bar while getting a back rub down from a similarly tan and slightly more leathery woman, but not a single person could place why he was hanging out at Club Forest. Jeff got his picture taken with him. Yep, it was celebrity time, and let's face it, you know I wanted to get all up in his grill as yell "The Love Connection was da bomb!"...but I remained calm and headed for the kareoke bar.

I'm a huge poser when it comes to kareoke. I talk a good game, but there isn't any follow-through. Cluck, cluck baby. Anywho, through peer pressure (as per usual), I got up there and sang the only song I felt fitting - "Hot In Herre". You see, Nelly and I have this strange psychic connection...like he's my dawg. Anywho, I brought the house down and even gained a backup dancer mid-song. But the show stopper was clearly Scott Bakala, who sang "American Pie" with the words from Wierd Al's Star Wars parody. He knew every goddamn word...amazing. Scott also did me a great service: I now know all the words to "Yellow Led Better." The real words. Not the shitty melody I make up because Eddie Vedder sounds like a bumbling fool. The weight on my shoulders? Gone.

May I give a shout out to Jackie for her rendition of No Doubt's "Hella Good"? Job well done! There was also a little ass shaking thrown in for good measure. Shake a little ass and the chorus sounds just a bit sweeter.

Well, off to read comics after a tough comeback attempt during softball; we lost 14 to 7. Oh well, I suck anyway.

Coachella 2004 recap tomorrow, bee-hahtches!!!

counter easy hit