Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Lunchtime Ramblings

Mmmmm - leftover chicken ceasar wrap from the WAB! Mmmmm - cold, deepity-deep fried potato chips. Heaven. Ron and I have some serious beef with Halloween decoration retailers everywhere. Halloween is a scary time of year for kids to scream and think evil thoughts. We were out for almost two hours last night, and not one decent decoration was to be found. HALLOWEEN IS SUPPOSE TO BE SCARY, PEOPLE, NOT CUTE! Smiling kittens belong on inspirational posters, and jack o' lanterns aren't suppose to wear fuzzy hats. Even the skulls and skeletons were cheerful. Where's the dripping blood and the shrieking and the wart-covered witches? Not in Metro-Detroit, apparently. If anyone has some suggestions as to where I can find some real decorations, please let me know.

Has anyone heard anything from The Madison Strays, Arcade Fire, or Apartment? I hear buzz...any confirmation of said buzz?

I'm in total bookmark mode, so those of you who receive one this holiday (which is pretty much everybody), you will want to read a lot so you can admire it - they're the best ones yet.

I can't wait to rock out tonight to Macho Man Randy Savage's "Be A Man." Ron was almost in tears...that just doesn't happen. Something else that is fall-down funny - Stephen Lynch's "What if that guy from Smashing Pumpkins lost his car keys." You can listen to it on his website www.stephenlynch.com.

Got my Muse tickets. Mmmmm - British boys with guitars. *melt*

Thanks to Derf and Russ, I got a chance to actually listen to the Jon Stewart/Crossfire showdown. It's a side of Stewart I never thought I'd see, and he didn't give a shit. He and Crossfire will never again be friends - no skin of his back, or mine for that matter.

Okay, back to work! Time to lean, time to clean.

counter easy hit