Friday, November 19, 2004

TGIEff!!!

Kick up those heals, kids! The weekend is almost here, and I'm ready for some Balderdash and some Pixies. Mmmmm MMM! I'm not alone here, so I'll just say it. There is always a part of me that feels really special after you take a chance and see a band you've read about, having listened to a track or two, and realize you've witnessed something truly unique. Matt, Ron and I went to see Arcade Fire last night, expecting to be 3 out of 12 people that showed up - it was packed! There was actually dancing going on at the Magic Stick! The power of the blog and the buzz was apparent. This six piece group was very upbeat, enjoyed their 'la la la's and their 'woh hoo's and I think I will be making a purchase very soon. Here is their complete list of instruments played: guitar, drums, bass, accordian, violin, keyboard, upright bass, steel drum, pole (yes, a metal pole) and a folding chair. This elaborate mix of sounds overtook Murder By Death for most creative combination of intruments. They even had to ask the crowd for a place to sleep - how rock and roll is that?

I'm so glad that MTV is all up on the new music, since they just reported on Elefant's debut album two days ago!!! Wow, they really know how to tell us what we already know. Kudos.

Adding fuel of my R Kelly fire, I heard Ignition this morning and one verse caught my ear - "it's like murder she wrote, when I'm gonna get you out them clothes." Why are you referencing Angela Lansbury in a song about getting freaky? Do you really think this lovely lady is about to kill you? Just because it rhymes, don't mean you have to sing it. And I still hate you because you married a 15 year old girl! EEEEEWWWWWWW!

Current music - Generation X "Ready Steady Go" (the original version, covered in Empire Records...let pogoing begin...)

Okay, all for now...ta ta!

counter easy hit