Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Single serving fans unite!

Does anyone have a band/bands that they love, but no one else has ever heard of? I was just thinking about two of my favorite albums, and if anyone else knows of or enjoys these bands, I'll buy you a drink.

Plumtree - this Canadian group is sugary sweet with kick-ass girl power. Thanks to Canadian Export on 89X back in early 2000, I immediately snatched up their two albums, only to have them break up a few months after I discovered them. They are pure power goodness in the vein of Sloan/Thrush Hermit. If anyone wants a taste, I gots what you need.

Dragstrip Courage - thanks to Ms. Millerand the WMHW Music Director's office, I found this Boston band on the 'discard shelf.' You can't keep everything! It's a little bit surf rock, a little bit Motown, but all in all, some great non-threatening rock and roll. They have a full length and an EP. Alas, they never tour outside the east coast, so we'll just have to make due with what we have.

Anyone else have music that they want to share?

Oh, and speaking of Sloan, WHY ARE THEY SO GODDAMN ADORABLE???

counter easy hit