Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Year That Was Film

Yep, it's time for me to catch up to the rest of the world. I watched the Oscar nominee announcements live and I have to say that this past year was truly a great year for film. Of course, when the geeks took home the pennant with a clean sweep in 2003 (don't fuck with Frodo), I was ecstatic. This year, drama is the name of the game. So here are the nominated movies (in various categories, not just Best Picture) that I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN!
1. Brokeback Mountain
2. Syriana
3. Capote
4. Transamerica
5. Mrs. Henderson Presents
6. Junebug
7. Hustle and Flow (Best Surprise of the Morning - Terrance Howard for Best Actor)
8. Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

Both "Murderball" and "March of the Penguins" were nominated for Best Documentary. I'm bummed that "Mad Hot Ballroom" got shut out. My vote is for the furry little guys!

RANDOM: Is there a reason why Cat Power is saturating the media? Album reviews is almost every major entertainment magazine, interviews, a guest spot on Subterranean...I've loved her music for many years now. I'm excited to get the new album (again with the me catching up to the rest of the world) because there must be something about "The Greatest" that is out of this world. Anyone care to comment?

counter easy hit