Monday, January 16, 2006

I'm a believer.

Okay, Macworld recap overdue. Ready?
iWeb - it's not just a a blog, it's so much more! This new app in the iLife suite lets you create photo pages, post multi-media (audio and video), and create a blog as well as home pages. There are lots of tasty templates, but they are very 'professional' looking. I heard someone describe them as 'brochure-like,' and I would agree. You upload your page to your .mac account and it's readable from any browser. Great for your grandparents who probably always wanted their own website, but were too afraid of THE INTRAWEB. Now, they can do it with ease. Pretty nifty.

NEW Garage Band addition - I just have to smile and save my dollars. Garage Band now has a podcasting studio. You can record audio straight in, and there are over 200 license-free sound effects and license-free music beds from all genres. 'Ducking' automatically lowers the music when the voice track hits. Brilliant!

Intel has partnered with Mac and every new iMac and the new MacBook Pro (we'll get to that in a minute) will be powered by two Intel processors, making them four to five times faster than current models. Superfast, superBEST!

And now - ta da - THE MACBOOK PRO! It's the newest and greatest laptop, available in February. Ron and I are saving up. Not only does it come with the Intel processors and the entire iLife Suite (which included iDVD and iMovie - great for me!), it comes equiped with the iSight video conferencing camera built right into the monitor.

Now, the down side: nothing is upgradable when it comes to Mac. So for all of you who bought the iMac last October without the Intel processors - too fucking bad. That's the only thing that gets me. But when you buy a super-genius computer like the MacBook Pro, does it matter? I've never been the type of person that needs to be the first kid on my block with the first of anything, so personally, I could give a rip.

Plugity plug plug - if anyone is free on Monday nights, Planet Ant is running their Improv Monday shows. The Home Team doesn't go on until around 10pm, so if you're in the mood for something off the wall and entertaining, head down to Hamtramck.

My new favorite music right now is being created by a woman named Imogen Heap. Wacky name, but check her out. You'll recognize her at the female counterpart to Frou Frou (it's all in a name, right?) Better yet, see her live this Wednesday at the Magic Bag. Tix at $15 at the door.

I'm listening to an Interpol song called "Song Seven" Anyone know where it comes from?

counter easy hit