Monday, March 01, 2004

Oscar, you're no grouch

It couldn't have been any sweeter. In a word: sweep, and a well deserved sweep at that. "The Return of the King" 's Oscar success has given geeks around the country the legitimacy that they've been looking for all their lives. Will this prevent their lunch money from being stolen? Probably not. Will the bullies of the world lay off on all of the wedgies? Not likely. BUT 11 OSCARS CAN'T BE ALL BAD, CAN THEY? I, for one, count this as a victory for the entire trilogy, because though this masterpiece is divided thrice, that doesn't mean it isn't one story. Tolkien wrote "Lord of the Rings" as one book with three parts. You can't not take the first two installments into account when awarding this last installment. It's a package deal, folks, and I though I wanted to die on Trilogy Tuesday, the Oscar limelight has made me glad that I was able to experience it. Long live Lord of the Rings!

Great Oscar observations:
1. Billy Bush wanted to get laid BADLY...and was so fired after the show. (I'll just shove SIR BEN KINGSLEY out of the way so I can interupt Sandra Bullock)
2. Owen Wilson is my new personal hero ("are those real?")
3. Ron and Big Matt are trendsetters - welcome to the Year of the Half Beard!
4. "Can I get some more vacuum in the monitors?"
5. It's a shame Sean Penn didn't punch anybody.
6. I learned that the Coppalas are the Hollywood Kennedys - they're EVERYWHERE, they just took different last names.
7. Fran Walsh has a garden on her head...how very Kiwi.
8. I love animatronic Richard Taylor (Mr. Cue Card Reader).
9. Do we really care about sound editing...does ANYBODY?
10. Where was Orlando Bloom? Being hot somewhere else? Unacceptable.

Have a Happy Monday. Back to work for me!

counter easy hit