Monday, March 08, 2004

Ridin' on the top of a cop car

So, compared to most, I wasn't up to par but I did try to be a rock star. But the real rock stars were the krazy MCR kidz (Matt, Derf and Ryan). Does ANYONE know about the cinder block story??? I'm dying to find out...

All in all, a great weekend was had by all. Good rock and Coney with Chris and Ron. I have discovered that if pushed to the absolute edge, I will drink Molson and I will enjoy it. To any French chicks that play bass and sing badly: don't. More gay men should employ backup dancers and start rapping. Leaving Rouge should be in all of your CD players right now (I was hoping for some guitar destruction but nay, not the right time). Back in Spades made my soul shake. I saw a guy who looked just like Wayne Cohen but sounded EXACTLY like Tom Waits - odd. Prime Ministers dug into their bag of tricks and pulled out a Sensitive Clown fan favorite. Upset that I didn't get to witness a quality croch grab at the Thuderbirds Are Now show. More upset that I didn't get to see Meg White's drunk boobs in person. Question still standing: what IS the Holbrook Cafe when there isn't a rock show?

And props to Motor City Rocks for their stint on Motor City Riffs: ya'll sounded great, but Bill Walter's mic was shit. Matt's back in the radio game!

Back to work...peace out...oh, and if anyone cares, "Firefly" should have never been canceled; this choice from the network that brought you "The Littlest Bride" and "My Big, Fat Obnoxious Fiance." Thank you, DVD technology, for bringing more Joss Whedon into my life!

counter easy hit