Monday, May 24, 2004

Sloan - I wish I was Canadian

Highlights from a set of goodies off of "Smeared" all the way to "Action Pact":
1. Patrick shaved his head! The shaggy contract has been broken. He is going gray, though. Acceptable.

2. Chris Murphy helped a heat striken fan in the front row by making sure he was given water and conferring with security. He was a little disappointed that that this fan was not a cute girl. Can you blame him?

3. Twirling drumsticks AND mad drum solos? Check. Chris Murphy took Andrew's kit as far as it could go and lost control during "People of the Sky." Focus, Chris, focus!

4. I got my rock kick at the very end - two in fact, David Lee Roth style!

5. One of the strongest "Slloooooooaaaaannnnn" chants I've heard in recent years.

6. My hands hurt today...so much clapping...so...much...clapping...

7. Much to my surprise, no "Underwhelmed" encore. They did end with "If It Feels Good, Do It," with a fitting intro: "this song is dedicated to you, 'cause this is for people who know what rock and roll is about." Oh, we know. And how!

8. I think I pulled a muscle during "Good In Everyone." That song hurts me every time!

9. I enjoyed the best chicken lemon rice soup pre-show at The Golden Fleece in Greektown with Jackie, Jeff, Lindsay and Ron. Real chicken, people!

10. Realization of the evening: I have grossly underestimated "Between the Bridges." So many classic, catchy tunes, but still very smooth and almost soulful. Sloan has so much material now, it's hard to taste everything.

Speaking of Sloane (Alias, I mean), have I mentioned the REAL reason why I watch that show? One word: Marshall. I laugh out loud every time he is on screen. The writers must have so much fun creating all of the nonsensical tangents he goes off on. You can't have too many lovable nerds on TV.

Okay...back to the real world...Seacrest - out!

counter easy hit