Thursday, May 27, 2004

Sports Talk

Yes, coming from me, this must seem odd. Unless you are talking about curling (don't be hatin') or beach volleyball, I'm not what most would call a "sports fan." I do, though, enjoy an exciting sporting event. Even though I don't follow the teams, I know the basic rules of basketball, football, baseball - the Big Three. Last night was the first time I'd chosen to sit down and watch a basketball game in over three years, that game being Pistons vs. Pacers, Game 3. You know what? I really enjoyed it! It nice to root for a home team and to see that home team kick some ass. Granted, it was low-scoring ass, but ass none the less. But seriously, how freaking tall are these players? I was totally surprised. Yes, I know it's basketball but these guys were Towers of Power. And I think Tashon Prince is a walking, breathing cartoon. Holy Stretch Armstrong. His arms are as long as my legs. And I think Ben Wallace is abnormally tall. The man is a giant, let's be honest.

The point of all of this (hopefully, this is convincing) is I do enjoy watching sports. I'm not a sports fan, but if you got skillz, you can pay my billz. So if the Pistons make it to the finals, have a championship party and I'll bring the beer!

Hopefully, I'll see all you beautiful people at the WAB on Sunday...rawk.

counter easy hit