Monday, June 14, 2004

Disc golf training and sweaty men

You know it's been a full weekend when you can use those six words in one sentence. One of my best friends is getting married this Saturday and I'm in the wedding so we gave her a fitting send off this past Saturday. Champagne, great food, laughter...oh yeah, and a guy named Randy who took his clothes off for us. Yep, two of Renee's friends found a last minute stripper and it was simultaniously the more frightening and the most fun experience I've ever had with a half naked man I barely knew. I refused a lap dance, then Renee's mother started throwing money at Thong Guy. Covering my eyes for the first 30 seconds, I could only feel slimy man on my hands. Then I realized what a nice guy Randy was. Seriously, he apoligized for sweating on me and made sure I was 100% comfortable. He also grabbed dollar bills our from Renee's clothing, which was a nice gesture. Then we went to the bar and shook our asses for three hours - brilliant. For the record, the worst thing a guy can do is come up BEHIND you and start with the bump and grind. If you want to dance with me, let me see your face - DO NOT SNEAK UP ON ME. You will be dispatched immediately. Anywho, this coming Saturday is going to be out of control...and I won't forget my camera this time!

This ridiculous amount of rain is definitely affecting my disc golf game. New lakes have formed on most courses in the metro area and they don't seem to be drying up. Ron and I spent an hour and a half working on our long range driving, as well as accuracy with a game of 150-foot catch. If we don't stay sharp, we risk losing everything we know. As soon as this freakin' rain lets up, we'll be organizing a disc golf outing for all interested parties.

How cool are the Pistons? The bandwagon is getting too full - we're spilling out into the streets! Another random note: anyone who was intimidated by me and my harsh bowling victory on Friday, it was a fluke. Guaranteed. Ask Ron about the bowling skill curve when combined with alcohol - secrets revealed!

To work I go - Happy Monday!

counter easy hit