Thursday, June 10, 2004

I'm back...and I'm happy!

Nothing like a shitty day of drama to make you realize that you love your normal, somewhat boring life. So! Here's the scoop: I officially have a new Focus ZX5, with MY license plate and MY CDs in the 6-disc changer (yeah, baby). I put the sunroof up on Monday (word up) and enjoyed a suntan in rush hour traffic. No shaking, no clicking, no grinding. This baby drives like a dream. I can't wait to introduce everyone to my Speeding Bullet! Needless to say, Liz will be doing some major budgeting, but it's all about piece of mind in the end.

Next, a very very HAPPY EFFING BIRTHDAY to Ms. Emily today! Hopefully, we will celebrate The Dude-style and bowl tomorrow.

I will be making "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn" a regular part of my week. Last night was the funniest one I've ever seen - Jim Norton, Kevin Richardson, Patrice O'Neal, Nick DiPallo AND Pat Cooper. Cooper is such a crumudgen - and he knows it! At one point, Pat and Jim took turns hosting the show, Colin did a spot-on imperssonation of Jim, Pat Cooper went on a race rant and was then gently lead off the set by Patice and Kevin. Nick: "Now you've seen your future, Pat. Two black guys are gonna help you change your diaper every day." I was in tears. Tonight, Graham Norton will be on the show. Tough Crowd needs more gay, and by Christ, Graham will happily fill that void.

Keep it glued tonight- Pistons at home, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Beasties perform on the MTV Movie Awards...

Random note: Last Friday, I was at a party with Ron at our friend Jason's house. He had a bunch of bands playing in his basement and lots of high school girls walking around in a high school daze. Actual words out of one particularly bright girl's mouth: "That beer is so cool." BEER CANNOT BE COOL! IT CAN BE SMOOTH, HEADY, BITTER, SHARP - BUT NEVER COOL! A clearly blantent attempt to 'fit in.' Beer is always cool, honey - no need to point it out.

C-ya'll later.

counter easy hit