Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Free tastes so free!

Plans for Fourth of July are carved out in stone - TasteFest, yo! It's been three years coming, and finally, an entire five day weekend of pure musical goodness. It's like Comerica was spying on my brain as I thought "Hmmmm, you know who I'd love to see in July...in one weekend...for FREE?" That's what gets me. I feel like I'm cheating, like I've hopped the proverbial fence and snuck my way into these ridiculously rockin' shows. Just look! Plus, I get to savor bistro-slathered nuggets of alligator. Sweet, juicy reptile!

Not to outdue our previous WAB outings, but this past Sunday undid everything that has been done. I consume so many blood marys, I lost count. I hardly ever lose count, except when I reach that 'fuck it' point of no return, from which money is no object. I couldn't believe that EVERYONE showed up! Lots of laughter, remembering of good times, talk of adult dodge ball, talk of piling everyone in an Econoline and driving to NC, arguments about 'Alias' (Chris, you are still wrong.), sharing dark family secrets...I mean, what else is there to do at the WAB for seven hours? That's right, over 200 dollars later, we all left with our bellies full and our minds slight mushy. A proper send off was promised and delivered. Let me preface the following by saying that right now, I'm not drunk - I have the best friends in the world. I talking to all of you...Westside, Flint-town, in all directions - you all rock my world.

On 'Troy' - lots of Brad Pitt's naked thigh (sorry ladies, no tush), Orlando Bloom looking really pretty and pretty whimpy, proof that Paris was the biggest historical pansy in the history of history (dude, fight the good fight, YOU STARTED THIS FUCKING WAR! You knew exactly what you were doing when you shacked with Helen, so quit looking scared and talking about courage. Be courageous. Oh yeah, he does end up killing Achilles, Greek's fiercest warrrior, but you've still got a lot to prove, mister!), Greek dudes invented hippie fashion with the first use of hair jewelry and tie-dye, Brad Pitt is part gazelle, and Peter O'Toole is hot...um, can I say that?

Time to continue my mob education with 'The Godfather Part II.' Fagetabatit!

counter easy hit