Sunday, June 27, 2004

Ultimate Injury

I love summer! And I hate not being active! And I hate hurting myself even more! Ron and I are official broken and in need of some serious joint replacement. We figured that this weekend would be full of relaxation, hanging out with Grandpa, his new wife (he eloped on Mackinac Island...69 years old and still spontanious), my cousins and other fam. Dead wrong. My cousin Dan and his sister's boyfriend play Ultimate Frisbee three times a week. For those of you who don't know, it's like touch football, but with a frisbee...and you run like your playing soccer. The whole family got involved - parents, uncles, aunts, everyone. Hot and sunny the entire weekend, we played for two hours on Saturday, went on the boat, jumped in icy cold lake water (heart-stopping AND refreshing), played some more...then hurt. And Ron and I both rolled our ankels. Good times.

So, what would any intelligent, college-educated young adults do the next day? Yeah, we played another game this morning. Don't get me wrong, I had the best time! Billiards, Cranium...my family rocks. We're all a little bit crazy, but at least we all have something in common.

We also went to Birch Run today. I've never been, so I scooped up some summer essentials, tank tops and Hot Girl jeans. I'm working on it.

Off to the WAB tonight...

counter easy hit