Thursday, July 22, 2004

Hot Fun In The Summertime

Wow...What a difference two days off work makes! Just got back from a Pain Creek bike ride, about to work on my hemp belt (hopefully a new way to make some cash off of the growing hippie population), and roast in my apartment! It gets really bad when the temp kick up above 85. THANK GOD for AC, baby!

A much, much overdue thanks to all who attended the Birthday Laser Tag/Bowling XXX-travaganza (or who at least tried to find us *wink*). I had a total blast. Everyone was a champ that night - especially Coell, who straight up hustled us all. Don't deny it - you're a pro, Toast!

This summer has been more relaxed for my taste...not a lot of shows coming to town, lots of people busy with vacations, weddings...hard for everyone to get together. Now that the weather is much warmer...can we say Frisbee Golf? Again, I'll try and find a time for everyone to go. The next three weeks are going be the highlight of my summer - Hives Sunday, Ours Monday, Battle O' The Bands Wed-nes-day, Tigers game Thursday, Carrot Top on Friday...followed by a production trip August 4-7, followed promptly by camping and Mackinac Island August 9-16. This is what summer is SUPPOSED to be like. Someone didn't get the memo. Am I going to have to fire someone? I sincerely hope not.

I found a gift certificate for Barnes and Noble, and spent it very wisely yesterday. The Matrix comic trade paperback and "Our Band Could Be Your Life - scenes from the American Indie Underground 1981-1981" - an indie history lesson featuring bios on Black Flag, Husker Du, Minor Threat, Mudhoney, Sonic Youth and many more - the history a large portion of our generation haven't really acknowledge. Should be a good read.

Oh, if you haven't check out The Smerigan's blog, please please set the recording device of your choice to tape the SciFi channel Friday morning 8am-11am - "The Buried Secret of M. Night Shamalyan." I caught the first half, and while I can be gullible, this stuff freaked my shit out. Sometimes things are just plain weird, sometimes there are coincidences, and sometimes the supernatural just makes sense.

I need to buy more CDs...I hate being on a budget sometimes!!!


counter easy hit