Monday, May 09, 2005

Pistons, wine and comics

Dude, time to take a breath. Why can't I seem to catch up with life??? Work, DE-TROIT BASKET-BALL, graduation parties, LOST/ALIAS (most anticipated season finales to date? A resounding YES), salivating over Orlando Bloom with Rashel (Kingdom of Heaven-style, don't knock it...and he's on the cover of Rolling Stone), catching up on reading...I actually have a night off. I can't believe the Pistons are leading by almost 20 - they are en fuego for sure. But nothing goes better with new issues of Ex-Machina and Supreme Power than a glass of homemade wine. Seriously, I wish more of our friends read comics. I know, I know, it's not easy to get started late in a series, but both afore mentioned books are examples of some of the best literature (yep, I said it, come and fight me) I've read in the last couple of months. The dialogue, the symbolism, the foreshadowing, the art, the creativity, it's a world that you need to at least appreciate. I won't go into much detail now, since it would be lost on most. Long story short, I have a happy feeling right now, especially since Supreme Power is about to explode in about two issues...I can feel it. Oh J. Michael, you tease me with your magic words! The best way to jump right into the series is to buy the trade paperbacks (larger volumes that include 6-8 issues bound together) and start from there. It's actually cheap than buying issue to issue.

I totally agree with Amber, when did Trent Reznor turn into Keanu Reeves? He's so creepy and so crushable - I'm so torn. Trent is the new black.

9 DAYS, 1 HOUR, 30 MINUTES AND 30 SECONDS, 29, 28, 27 UNTIL EPISODE THREE!

counter easy hit