Sunday, March 26, 2006

Fork. Stick. Done.

After these last couple of weeks, I need a serious brain vacation. So, today, I bask in my laziness. There will be no cleaning of any kind. There will be no thoughtful discussions about religion, politics or current events. There will be no building, crafting or maintenance of any kind. My jeans. My t-shirt. My God, life is good. I hope people enjoyed their couches and their pizza and their birthday shenanigans and their mechanical bulls last night. I caught up on two weeks worth of "Grey's Anatomy" and fell dead asleep. And, it felt heavenly.

Ron is yelling at the TV right now and I'm laughing at his yelling. He gets so angry at Jack Bauer sometimes. Everyone now - "Damn it!" Don't come between a man and his "24: The Game."

Does anyone else want to see the Neil Young documentary? It's playing at the Uptown 8 theatre in Birmingham.

Does anyone have any Eagles of Death Metal that I can sample? Any band with songs like "Whorehoppin'" is a friend of mine.

James Blunt was adorable. I now have a new research band - The Boy Least Likely To. They're like a minature version of Belle and Sebastian with a little bit of early Travis thrown in for color. Completely non-threatening and lots of fun. I think that children would really get into their music. Observation: so many girls there was dressed for the bar. Lots of halter tops and lots of heels. I don't understand. This is a rock show, albeit a watered-down rock show. There is no thumping bass and there is no grinding of any kind. Oh, and Mr. Blunt played "Where Is My Mind" first off during the encore. Talk about a see of confused faces. Doesn't anybody do their homework anymore?

I super-slacked last week. Here is my ovedue weekly installment of Sifl and Olly. Cynthia, Jax and Derf - enjoy!

counter easy hit