Tuesday, November 01, 2005

New Music Tunesday

I admit that most of the time I'm behind the times when it comes to 'new music.' When it's new to me, it's ususally about three to six months after the music broke. I've spent some quality sampling time on iTunes tonight and here are the 'new' bands that I'm really, really digging:
The Magic Numbers - Head-boppy, sort of hippie-ish, and they're bearded! Aside from the ladies, that is.
Go! Team - I really can't describe their sound - hip hop, DJ, beat-driven...it don't matter, it just makes me want to dance!
The Mountain Goats - Irish folky - simple and happy.
The Black Keys - I know, I know. I'm soooooo behind.
The Kills - they surpassed the sexy bar set by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Their live show put me over the top.
Maximo Park - um, you mean these guys are The Kaiser Chiefs? Same great sound, less filling.

And now, for all you ladies, James Blunt. He looks like Tim Wheeler's cute younger brother. Very Pete Yorn-y, ballad-y. Smiles are the name of the game. Thank you, MTV2 Advanced Warning. You and Subterranean make MTV worth watching.

counter easy hit