Saturday, December 04, 2004

iTunes is my friend

Daily Download:
Nickel Creek "I'll Be Home For Christmas"
Futureheads "Decent Days and Nights"
Mosquitos "Shooting Stars"

Here's the deal with Mosquitos - everytime I hear this song on WOXY, I go into daydream mode. It's so poppy and cute; reminds me of a moment from Empire Records. And now it's mine to pogo to and smile about all day long. And about Nickel Creek, remember, I don't have any gulity pleasures.

After learning of Jackie's interest in knitting, I've come to truly embrase my grandmotherly abilities. I like to make reindeer out of candy canes, bookmarks out of beads, and scarves out of the yarn of your choice. Jackie had a good point - it gives me something to do while I'm watching TV, or listening to music. It makes me feel productive, even if my ass doesn't leave the couch for an hour and a half. I just learned how to knit (thanks, JAX!!!) and while I'm still terrible, I hope to have a scarf finished by 2006. You gotta set goals. Christmas bring her out even more - so many crafty options. All of this really stems from my two years working at Frank's Nursery and Crafts. Me and the assistant managers would swap tips and tricks, not to mention the employee discount. And so a grandma was born.

Cyn-dog is coming over today and we're 'bout to raise up and get our craft on. Laters!

counter easy hit