Monday, January 10, 2005

Doesn't it figure?

Great new band alert! Very much in the vein of Pretty Girls Makes Graves and Sleater Kinney, Forget Cassettes can't be beat. Actually, they can. I have a strange history when it comes to discovering new bands. When I really start to do some research, they break up. Or have already broken up. Shit! Why can't I catch a break? Well, check them out anyway. Do it for me.

Step aerobics is kicking my ass, but I'm loving all the lunges, the kicks, the V steps...um, loving is a strong word. Tolerating is more like it. And I'm convinced that Kenny G was actually commissioned by aerobics instructors because there was a serious lack of music for the cool down. I can barely stretch; whenever I hear that saxophone, I just start laughing.

Question: Is anyone a fan of Belle and Sebastian? I like the songs that I hear, but it's not catchy enough. It's too sissy, not enough catchy. Am I missing out? What should I listen to that will make me change my mind? Just an idea.

Remember - Lost and Alias this Wednesday...the menu changes every week...

counter easy hit