Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Great Fat-Burning Debate

To gym, or not to gym? This is my inner struggle. I am very much motivated by all of you who have joined a gym, and your quest for fitness. I too want to work out. I don't want to be angry at my body come next March when I realize there is too much of me on me. Here is where I am torn - I understand that there is a monthly fee to join, that's to be expected. I REFUSE to pay more than 35 dollars a month to go to a gym. I simply can't afford more than that. But, a membership fee??? A one time fee paid in order to proclaim, 'yes, I do have permission to use this machine and attend this cardio class' that can be upwards of 150, 200 dollars? That's riduculous! Are you sure that's not a security deposit? Can I get that money back? I don't have that kind of money at all.

Ideally, all I want is a place where I can do aerobics! But, not Curves - I can't stand that kind of mini-aerobics. I want step classes and body scuplting and high impact cardio! But that's all. I can lift weights and do situps at home, I don't need a fancy padded mat and shiny dumbbells. If I must join an acutal gym, does anyone recommend a facility? I know there is a Gold's Gym on Stephenson and 12 Mile. Anywhere else? Thanks, ya'll!

counter easy hit