Thursday, December 09, 2004

Is it really almost Christmas?

Oh my good Lord, it's almost here! Can you believe in two weeks all of this excess and cheer and tinsle will be gone or at least shoved away in a box in my basement? I love the apartment, thanks to Super Craft Man, we have the best snowflakes in town. We have new ornaments and real lights and paper chains. Yes, real paper chains, like the ones we all used to make in grade school. It's like a second grade art class threw up and stuck to our ceiling. Great! I want to share it with everyone, but everyone is busy with parties. Parties, parties, parties...well, we'll make the Maplehurst Christmas Explosion the official afterparty on the 23rd - bring a hot slut and get in FREE!

There are a few things that need to happen in order to make this the Bestest Christmas Ever: Ice skating at the Campus Maritus park, Carriage ride at Greenfield Village, a giant gingerbread cookie, and FRIENDS. Not that I need my friends to do anything specific for me; eventually, I start to ache for that big group get-together. I guess I can wait until the 23rd...but maybe un upcoming Sunday? I don't even need to spell it out - we all keep those three letters close to our hearts. It's during this time of year that I really start to think about all of my friends. Those of you who tune in and read my ramblings, those who are scattered throughout Michigan and the Midwest - I love ya'll. I absolutely have the best friends in the world. I am only cool by association - my coolness has been handpicked from those around me. So if you wake up in the middle of the night and realize you're missing some cool, check my purse. I probably took some when you weren't looking. :)

I'm listening to 'Drawn Together' as I type - I love it when cartoons swear. It cracks me up every single time. I can't wait until the final 'Apprentice' next week. When Kelley was sweating buckets over the weather, I couldn't help but feel for him. Nothing is more nerve wracking than planning an outdoor shoot down to the last detail, only to have it washed away by that bitch, Mother Nature.

This weekend: Christmas cards, kareoke with Toast...any one else have any ideas? You know where to find me. Yep, just chillin' with my crochet needle, bee-hatch!

counter easy hit