Monday, January 10, 2005

Poof...it's a best of list!

It's amazing what pops into your head while sitting on the couch. Maybe it's the bottled water. Anyway, here is my Best of 2004. This, as you'll notice, is a little bit different. These albums weren't all necessarily released in 2004, but I heard them for the first time in 2004 and said 'well, damn, this is alright.' And away we go, in no particular order:

1. Sun Kil Moon "Ghosts of the Great Highway" - from start to finish, I get lost every single time.

2. The Damnwells "Bastards of the Beat" - after listening to Sleepsinging for the 411th time, I found out the rest of the album is just as solid.

3. Brendan Benson "Lapalco" - found in the used bin at Vertigo in Grand Rapids. Shameful.

4. Placebo "Without You I'm Nothing" - why didn't I realize this album was great six years ago?

5. Kanye West "The College Dropout" - I think with Kanye's workout tape I can get 22s on my Focus - for all my peeps, it's free ninety-nine!

6. The Bens EP - Folds, Lee, Kweller; "Bruised" is one of the best songs ever written. Go ahead. Fight me.

7. The Killers "Hot Fuss" - my favorite new band. How very indie of me.

8. Keane "Hopes and Fears" - I'm such a girl!!! British boys...pianos...*sigh*

9. Snow Patrol "Final Straw" - Why can't all pop music be this good?

10. Beastie Boys "To The 5 Bouroughs" - seeing them live topped it off for me, I was 12, 14, and 17 years old all in one night. Best.

This list is subject to change with mood, appetite or plain ol' forgetfulness. Thanks for reading.

counter easy hit