Monday, January 17, 2005

Saturday is my favorite day of the week

Nothing soothes the muscles after an intense step aerobic workout like coffee liquor and cream. All the pain just melts away...Anyway, this weekend was most eventful. Friday I had the magic in my fingers as I bowled two games above 100 - 114 and 145. I rule! Never in the history of bowling have I been so consistant. It's no Garden Bowl, though. Oh, the days when we were all unemployed, spending a cool summer's Monday night whining and drinking and bowling for free.

Saturday - field trip - A2. Shopping at Encore requires a list. We wondered aimlessly for an hour. It's just so overwhelming. So many shelves, so much to look at - your mind begins to wander...I wonder if they have this...I can't believe they have this album...I have to go to the bathroom. I picked up some choice back catalogue finds (Deftones "Around the Fur," NIN "Downward Spiral" - re-release double disk - BOO YAH!) and Pete Yorn "Live In New Jersey." Next, a hearty meal and some bitter but tasty brews at the Ann Arbor Brewing Company. I love brew pubs! Requirements include brick walls and wood...lots of wood. Color and type are not important - if there are hard flat surfaces a-plenty, Liz will be found there. Next up, Saturday Looks Good To Me. The kids couldn't stop dancing, and I was one of them. They are so much fun. A little guitar, a little sax, some keyboard, and a lead singer who was totally crushable (Matt couldn't help himself). Perfect pop music - you must bob your head back and forth...you have no choice! I had a blast...after the two worst opening bands in history. Fucking art school projects. If you come across either The Genders or The Pazzazz, run. The other way. As fast as you can. Other than that particular smudge on the evening, good times were had.

Laundry, laundry. It never ends. My fingers gots ta keep folding. Laters!

counter easy hit